- 750g Mixed Tomatoes (try to get different colours)
- A Few Handfuls of Crusty Bread
- 6 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Small Hanful of Basil Leaves
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- First, turn your grill up to a high heat. Tear up your bread into bite-size pieces. Don’t bother cutting the bread into perfect pieces, just rip it to bits.
- Throw your bread on a baking tray and sprinkle over some olive oil, salt & pepper. Cook the bread under the grill, turning it every 30 seconds until it is nicely toasted.
- Cut your tomatoes into various shapes and sizes. Add the tomatoes to a bowl and add the extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Gently toss the tomatoes in the liquid to mix the vinegar and oil together.
- When the croutons are crisp, throw them into the mixing bowl with the tomatoes. Mix up the salad, making sure to gently squeeze the bread so it soaks up all of that drssing. Toss in the freshly chopped basil and serve immediately.
My new Recipe eBook ‘F#ck Microwaves’ is available for pre order right now! With over 10,000 meal combinations, you’re sure to find a new family favourite in there somewhere.