It’s a classic, simple as that. If you can’t make an amazing Carbonara, you will never be taken seriously in life. Do the right thing, share this with others lest they be mocked by their peers.
- 4 Portions of Spaghetti
- 4 Rashers of Streaky Bacon
- 75ml Double Cream
- 2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 50g Grated Parmesan
- First things first, boil your kettle or bring a pan of water to the boil. Salt the water and add your Spaghetti, it will take around 10 minutes to cook.
- Fry your bacon and in olive oil or butter until crisp. Whilst your bacon cooks, make the sauce in a separate bowl.
- Add your cream, egg yolks and parmesan to a bowl with some salt and pepper & whisk until combined.
- When your bacon is almost cooked, add the garlic and fry for a final minute.
- Add your cooked spaghetti to the bacon. Always save the pasta water. We can use this water to make our sauce smooth and silky.
- Add the sauce to the dry pasta & bacon, stirring until well combined. Use the pasta water to help loosen the sauce to a creamy consistency.
Serve with Garlic Bread.
Simple yet effective.